It’s not fancy! it’s the no fuss, full-proof, always perfectly cooked, not mushy, fluffy, yummy SIMPLY QUINOA wholegrain accompaniment to any dish and it takes all of 8 minutes to get on the table! You can also mix in French lentils and serve it with Grilled Veggies over mixed greens for a complete meal-how simply delicious and nutritious is that?!
- 2 cups dry quinoa
- 2⅓ cups water
- 1 tsp turmeric
- pinch of salt
- You just have to follow this little recipe to the letter:
- Bring water and turmeric to boil in a saucepan.
- Once the water is bubbling, reduce the flame/heat to medium (in other words, not full blast or the quinoa will "spit" at you as it cooks !!) and add dry quinoa, stir once and cook for exactly 6 minutes, uncovered.
- Turn off the stove (don’t worry if it doesn’t look completely cooked yet—that’s OK at this point!) and cover for 2 minutes. It's OK to keep covered longer until ready to serve because it will not clump and just stay perfect!
- Add a pinch of salt, stir with a fork to fluff up and serve.