Such a tasty vegan salad that is as delicious as it is nutritious! It is very simple to make but it requires some assembling-still, it is so worth it! The combination of my Simply Quinoa with a hint of turmeric (click here for recipe), sautéed kale and grilled corn is absolutely wonderful together and the fresh mint just gives it the perfect final touch!
Quinoa Corn & Kale Salad
- 2 cups Simply Quinoa see recipe
- 4 cups fresh chopped kale rinsed & drained
- 3 fresh ears of corn husked
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup fresh mint coarsely chopped
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red onion finely diced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375
- Place a non-stick grill pan on the stove on high heat an drizzle with 1Tbsp of the canola oil.
- Place the ears of corn on the hot grill pan and grill them for 8-10 minutes, turning each over every couple minutes so they are a little browned.
- Place the grilled corn on a baking sheet and roast in a preheated oven for 10-12 more minutes.
- Let it cool.
- When the corn is cool, using a sharp knife, cut the kernels right onto the baking sheet and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 Tbsp of canola oil in a skillet and sauté the kale, uncovered for 8-10 minutes, until soft and set aside.
- When ready to assemble, place all the dressing ingredients in a medium serving bowl and whisk together to blend well.
- Add 2 cups of “Simply Quinoa”, grilled corn kernels and sautéed kale on top of the dressing and gently toss so that it is thoroughly mixed in.
- Add the fresh mint, toss again and refrigerate until ready to serve.
John Breeden says
My son, for the first time ever, asked me to make him something containing kale. My first stop was cuisinicity because I was serious about optimizing the opportunity.And He likes It!