The next best thing to homemade sundried tomatoes! They burst with flavor and are a cinch to make. Note that I do not even add olive oil, there is no need! The only trick is to have the time to forget about them in a very low oven for a few hours. They are wonderful as appetizers with a little goat cheese sprinkled on them, or simply naked, as a side dish.
- 18 small tomatoes*
- 3/4 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp dry rosemary
- Fresh Thyme to taste
- * about 2 “ diameter—not the cherry ones as they will shrink in size considerably when baked
- Preheat the oven to 225 F.
- Rinse and dry the tomatoes and cut in half around the middle.
- Lay the tomatoes cut-side up in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with the salt, rosemary and fresh thyme and bake in preheated oven for 2 1/2 hours.