This is not as much a recipe as it is an invitation to embrace a whole variety of vegetables by simply grilling them on a very hot grill pan without any oil, to begin with, and then, as the veggies grill on one side, the heat “repels” them from the pan so you can flip them once. And only at the very end, do you drizzle a little olive oil over the veggies right in the pan, and they will sizzle to perfection and keep their full flavor! These grill pans are a staple in any kitchen because they just cook the veggies enough to unleash their full flavor and give them that wonderful grilled taste but not too much to have them be mushy! I like to serve grilled veggies either hot or cold. No matter what my main dish, I always find an excuse to serve more vegetables as a side dish. Veggies are not only nutritious and flavorful but they also add to the beauty of the presentation, and that’s important too!!
Here is an example of a platter of grilled veggies, just to get you started! Just picture it on that holiday buffet table! It is so versatile and is a great compliment to any entrée–How special is that?!
- Any veggies of your choice chopped or sliced to your preference
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- There are only 2 rules to a perfectly grilled vegetable:
- Preheat the grill pan well so that it is very hot before you start cooking.
- Place whatever veggies of one variety at a time only, in one layer.
- Then, once they are grilled on both sides, drizzle olive oil over the veggies while they are still in the pan so that they will sizzle.
- Add coarse salt right before serving.That’s it!