You can choose any variety of pears you like for this little recipe, just as long as they are ripe and juicy. Grilling them with a drizzle of olive oil brings out their wonderful flavor. You can add each half (you can also slice it) on top of individual plates of fresh greens, with just a sprinkle of goat cheese and chopped walnuts, a drizzle of your best balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil and you will transform the simplest fresh salad into a delightful elegant dish!
- 2 ripe pears (the variety you like)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Rinse the pears, cut in half length wise, and core.
- Place olive oil in a little container and, using a pastry brush, "paint" a little olive oil on the cut surface of the pears.
- Place a non-stick grill pan on the stove on high heat.
- When hot, place the pears, cut side down on the hot grill pan and grill them for 5-6 minutes, uncovered.
- Turn off the stove and cover for 5 minutes.