I love Arctic Char! It is slightly milder in taste than wild salmon and is reminiscent of trout. It is just delightful! Nutritionally, it is superb: it’s a great source of protein and is rich in omega-3 healthy fatty acids. It is also a sustainable fish and is therefore a responsible choice for our planet! This is such a simple recipe that involves broiling the fish with a little drizzle of fresh lemon juice and olive oil, that’s it! The sliced grilled pear (see recipe here) is a nice addition to make this a perfect elegant dish over mixed greens and walnuts. What a perfect summer dish all in one plate…and you know how much I love that!
Arctic Char with Grilled Pear
- Arctic Char filet (1.5 lb)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- recipe for Simply Grilled Pear
- Preheat oven to broil (400)
- Place the arctic char filet, skin side down in a baking pan and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Mix the lemon juice and olive oil and drizzle over the fish.
- Grind fresh pepper (generously) over the fish and bake on upper rack for about 10-12 minutes.
- Slice into 4 equal portions (you can serve it hot or cold) and place sliced pears on top of each slice when ready to serve.