All this entails is slicing these little sprouts thinly with a food processor (check my little video showing you how here) and sautéing them in a little olive oil. They become almost caramelized this way and the result is simply extraordinary, really!
- 20 brussels sprouts (about 1lb)
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- pinch of coarse salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Rinse the brussels sprouts (I don't even slice off the stem!).
- Place the brussels sprouts (you may have to cut them in half so they fit in the processor opening) a couple at a time, in a food processor equipped with a top slicing blade and slice finely.
- Place olive oil in a non-stick pan on the stove on high heat.
- When hot, sautée the sliced brussels sprouts for a 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Salt and pepper and serve hot.