Crispy Tofu, let me say that again, CRISPY TOFU!! You guys know me by now, right?! I am a French Foodie Fussy chef who wouldn’t have anything to do with tofu in the past! Boy, have I done a 180 on my opinion about tofu with this way of cooking it! Its so simple, so quick and I love it! It can go over your salads, or in your stir fry or as is, as an appetizer or just a snack! I even serve it with my Fricassee!! Tofu is a good source of plant-based protein so you can use it as a substitute to poultry or beef. I will go as far as saying that it’s no back-up to anything, it is fabulous in its own right! Enjoy!
I make it for you in my kitchen here!
- 1 block firm or extra form tofu
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Open the tofu package and drain all the water out of it.
- Wrap the tofu in a clean bowl and firmly press for a few seconds to dry.
- Spread corn starch on a flat surface.
- Cut the tofu into equal slices (about ½ inch each).
- Place the sliced tofu on top to coat with Coran starch and sprinkle with 1 tsp garlic powder and ½ tsp salt on each side.
- Drizzle olive oil on a hot pan and cook the tofu on each side for 4-5 minutes until crispy on both sides