This is a non-recipe for ANY veggies you have on hand! A Fricassée is a fancy French way of saying: “Throw whatever veggie you have on hand and throw it in the oven for an hour!” That’s an oversimplification of course, but actually not too far from the truth! Making a fricassee the Cuisinicity way, indeed means throwing ANY veggies you want in a baking dish, as long as you use these 2 special ingredients as a constant: ONIONS briefly sautéed in olive oil and fresh CHERRY TOMATOES. It’s that crazy simple and easy! The veggies come out caramelized and glazed and absolutely delicious! Watch this video! I love to serve it piping hot out of the oven over cooked farro or black rice or my crispy tofu (WHAT?!), yes, its outrageously delicious and satisfying!) but you can also make it ahead and serve it at room temperature over a bed of mixed green for an elegant lunch. Your guests will rave about it: It’s spectacular!
Any Veggies Fricassee
- Any veggies cut in 1/2 inch slices*
- 2 onions sliced
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven 375 F
- Place all the veggies, except the onions in a large baking pan and set aside.
- Pour olive oil in a large pan and sauté the sliced onions for 4-5 minutes until just soft.
- Add the soft onions and olive oil they are in to the veggies in baking pan and bake for 60 to 80 minutes, until the cherry tomatoes are soft and ready to burst (in fact, I like to crush most of them with a fork so they give out their juices).
- Stir a couple times throughout the baking.