Made with my rustic savory galette crust, this is wonderful as an appetizer because you can slice it and eat it with your fingers–no need for silverware here! I use my Simply Cipollini and my Simply oven-dried tomatoes with a little fresh goat cheese (I use a full-fat rich flavorful one but use it sparingly– a little goes a long way!), fresh thyme as there you have it! Serve this hot or at room temperature on a large wooden platter, surrounded by fresh grapes and a big sprig of fresh rosemary. It’s a crowd pleaser, perfect for your Super Bowl party!
The dough is so quick and easy to make (watch me make it in my kitchen here)!
Galette with Caramelized Onions, Tomatoes & Goat Cheese
- Galette dough:
- 3/4 cup + 1 Tbsp white whole wheat flour*
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine
- Ingredients for simply cipollini just peel and cut in half horizontally first
- ingredients for Simply oven-dried tomatoes
- sprinkle of fresh goat cheese
- fresh thyme
- Fresh rosemary for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place the flour, olive oil, white wine and salt in the bowl of a food processor and process until a ball forms (30 seconds). Don't worry if it's not a perfect ball-you can just gather it in your hands and make it into a ball!).
- Take out the dough ball; It will be very soft--that's OK--place a little flour in your hands to handle it gently and place it on a lightly floured surface.
- Using a rolling pin, gently roll into a circle about 9 inch in diameter--it doesn't have to be perfect.
- Transfer onto a lightly floured baking sheet.
- Arrange the cipollini onions evenly over the dough to within 1/2 inch of the edge.
- Add the oven-dried tomatoes, and sprinkle with goat cheese and fresh thyme, to taste.
- Fold the edge of the dough to create a 1-inch border.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.