Power couple, Cuisinicity style! Wild salmon + walnuts = highly nutritious, totally delicious! This is such an easy recipe. It definitely passes the test for my “Simply Recipe” collection–it has all of 2 ingredients! You just dredge the salmon with ground walnuts and throw on top of a rack (any simple cooling rack placed on top of a baking sheet will do!) in a hot oven and cook for 20 minutes and you are done! No fishy smell in the house, only the wonderful aroma of baked walnuts, how wonderful is that?!
I like to serve this salmon on top of a bed of my Simply Quinoa with French lentils and a mixed green salad with lots of local fresh veggies. It is so elegant and absolutely delightful on a beautiful platter for a holiday party, served with a side of my luscious “rich” (of course you know me, it’s just made with plain greek yogurt!) Simply Spinach Dip filled with fresh baby spinach!
PS: Watch my cooking class video on how to make this recipe! It’s so ridiculously easy and quick!
- 2 filets of wild salmon* (little less than 1 lb)
- ½ cup walnuts, coarsely ground
- Pinch of coarse sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven 375
- Salt and pepper the salmon.
- Place the ground walnuts on a plate and dredge the top of each slice of salmon with the walnuts. Add any remaining ground walnuts that didnʼt stick on top of each slice.
- Place the salmon skin-side down on a rack (any simple cooling rack will do just fine!) placed on top of a baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes.
- When ready to serve, use a spatula to lift the salmon off the rack (the skin will peel off and stay behind on the rack--perfect!)