I love an excuse to use chickpeas! This is a little legume with a mission, I tell you! It’s filled with nutrients, from protein to fiber to vitamins to iron, the list goes on. In this simple recipe, I just bake them in a high temperature oven with a little olive oil and spices and they make for a great appetizer!
- 1 large can 1 lb-13 oz chickpeas, rinsed and well drained
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp herbes de Provence
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt.
- fresh rosemary optional
- Preheat the oven 375 and place a baking sheet inside so it heats up as well.
- Place drained chickpeas in a bowl and gently pat with a clean towel to dry as much as possible.
- Add olive oil, spices, salt and fresh rosemary if using, and gently stir to coat the chickpeas well.
- When the oven and baking sheet are ready, transfer the chickpeas directly onto the baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool on the baking sheet, sprinkle with fresh rosemary, if using, and serve.