What can I say? YUM and filled with fiber! Acorn squash is so pretty too, it looks like a little mini pumpkin–absolutely beautiful as a healthy side dish and so delicious and sweet! No need for added sugar which traditional roasted squash recipes usually call for (really, it’s amazing, google it and check!). NONE is needed here- let the naturally sweet “simply squash” speak for itself!
- 2 acorn squash, cut in half, cored and seeds taken out
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ½ tsp salt
- Preaheat the oven 375.
- Flatten out the bottom of each half of the acorn by cutting the rounded part (not too much so that you do not make a hole in the bottom) so it's not wobbly on the baking sheet.
- Stand the acorn up on baking sheet so that the cored cavity is up and drizzle olive oil equally among the 4 halves.
- Add salt and allspice equally among them* (see little Tip) as well and, using a pastry brush, "paint" the topping to combine olive oil/salt/allspice so that it is well blended thoroughly all over the flesh of the squash.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until soft and golden.