My latest scone du jour: Pumpkin Raisin Walnut Scone: Another great nutrient trio! I have decided to call my new line of Cuisinicity scones my trifecta scones (check my other 2 so far: Pear Fig Walnut Scones, Apple Date Walnut Scones and I have many more in mind that I am working on)! It makes sense: the definition of trifecta is “a perfect group of three” or ” winning three times” and that’s what all my wholegrain scones are based on: 3 wholesome main ingredients: one fresh fruit or vegetable, one dried fruit, one nut. I vary any one of them to create a new flavor. I am having so much fun creating these moist luscious scones and one more thing…they have no added sugar! I hope you enjoy them as much as I and my family do!
Pumpkin Raisin Walnut Scone (Vegan)
- Wet Ingredients:
- 1 cup canned organic pumpkin 100%--no added salt or sugar
- 1/3 organic raisins packed
- 1/2 cup organic expeller pressed canola oil
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Dry Ingredients:
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup raw walnut halves or pieces
- Preheat oven 350 F
- Coarsely chop the raisins and place with the canned pumpkin and canola oil in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for a couple minutes until creamy.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat again (it will form a very thick dough and that's OK).
- Scoop out the dough in large heaping spoonfuls, and place each scoop (you'll have enough for 9 small scones) on top of a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes until golden.
I like to use King Arthur white whole wheat flour for this recipe: it’s filled with fiber, yet is very light in texture!