Hazelnut, Pumpkin and Oatmeal! You may want to repeat that sequence of words and just savor it right there! It’s just a perfect blend of flavors, as delicious and nutritious as it sounds. These cookies are rich in fiber but completely gluten-free–you just have to make sure to use rolled oats that are certified gluten-free (not all oats are). It’s simply cuisinicity at its best!
Pumpkin Oatmeal Hazelnut Cookies
- 3/4 cup organic expeller pressed canola oil
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large cage-free eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pureed organic pumpkin 100%, no dded sugar
- 2 cups dry roasted hazelnuts no salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Place whole roasted hazelnuts in a food processor and grind--put aside.
- Cream together canola oil, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla with an electric mixer.
- Add pureed pumpkin, rolled oats and ground hazelnuts and beat again until well blended.
- Drop by big rounded tablespoon on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.