Hazelnut, Pumpkin and Oatmeal! You may want to repeat that sequence of words and just savor it right there! It’s just a perfect blend of flavors, as delicious and nutritious as it sounds. These cookies are rich in fiber but completely gluten-free–you just have to make sure to use rolled oats that are certified gluten-free (not all oats are). It’s simply cuisinicity at its best!
Pumpkin Oatmeal Hazelnut Cookies
Servings 2 dozen
- 3/4 cup organic expeller pressed canola oil
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large cage-free eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pureed organic pumpkin 100%, no dded sugar
- 2 cups dry roasted hazelnuts no salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Place whole roasted hazelnuts in a food processor and grind--put aside.
- Cream together canola oil, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla with an electric mixer.
- Add pureed pumpkin, rolled oats and ground hazelnuts and beat again until well blended.
- Drop by big rounded tablespoon on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
What a great recipe. I changed the 2 cups of hazelnut , to 1 cup of hazelnut flour. It makes the cookies really tender and It is an alternative for young children who can not eat entire nuts (choking hazard) before the age of 5.
Catherine Katz says
What a great idea, Lyne ! I LOVE it!!! Thank you 🙂
Oatmeal is always great. I added this powder to my diet more than 2 years. I will try your recipe