These luscious pots de crème are a no-bake variation of my famous original vegan Crème au Chocolat. They add the sweet nutty taste of hazelnuts! If you love nutella, as most French people do–in fact they are obsessed (!)–you will absolutely LOVE these, c’est un régal ! Of course they are much healthier (not all that added sugar) and sustainable (no palm oil of course) and nutritious at that: Just take a look at the wholesome simple plant-based ingredients that I use, I am amazed myself! I like to serve these in beautiful champagne flutes or tall martini glasses to add a note of elegance to the whole experience!!
Chocolate Hazelnut Pots de Crème
- 1/3 cup whole dry roasted hazelnuts unsalted
- 6 oz coconut milk unsweetened
- 5 pitted medjool dates chopped + 2 Tbsp water
- 12 oz organic silken tofu soft, not drained
- 1/2 cup canned black lentils rinsed and drained*
- 8 oz dark chocolate 60-70% cocoa
- some chopped or crushed hazelnuts for the topping optional
- Place the chopped dates in a little container with 2 Tbsp water and place in microwave for 30 seconds to soften and set aside.
- Break up the chocolate into pieces and place in small microwavable measuring cup and heat in microwave on high for 1-2 minutes only, stir well until smooth and proceed.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and process for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
- Scrape the sides and blend again for another minute.
- Pour the custard in individual containers of your choice, I love using champagne glasses and filling them half way.
- Top with chopped or crushed hazelnuts.
- Refrigerate and serve cool or at room temperature.