The combination of shrimp and arugula is absolutely perfect in this rich sauce imbued with Provençal flavor–fresh cherry tomatoes, calamata olives, thyme and garlic–just luscious! I love to serve it over wholegrain pasta or whole farro.
I make it for you in my kitchen here…you won’t believe how much arugula goes in that dish!!
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ lbs medium raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 8 cups baby arugula
- 1 jar (32 oz) marinara sauce (no added sugar)-see my tip*
- ½ cup calamata olives(pitted)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Fresh Thyme
- Heat olive oil in a large pan and sauté garlic for a few seconds.
- Add the shrimp and cook on high heat, uncovered for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and arugula and continue to cook until all the arugula has wilted-- it is bulky but, not to worry, it cooks down quickly!
- Once the arugula is completely wilted and the tomatoes start to give off their juices (8-10 minutes), add the marinara sauce, calamata olives, salt & fresh thyme and simmer for 15-20 minutes, uncovered.
- Garnish with fresh sprigs of thyme and serve over wholegrain pasta or cooked farro.
I recommend a couple brands of marinara sauce here and here.