This Vegan Rustic Strawberry Galette is the vegan version of my Rustic Strawberry Galette! OH MY GOODNESS I am so excited that I was able to recreate it so closely to the original, because I have to admit, I thought it just couldn’t be done (so glad I was wrong!!). It is just as delicate and luscious–a perfect summer dessert when strawberries are in season! This makes a small galette, enough for 6 nice slices. I make it with all sorts of fruit in season, take a look at my fresh apricot one, and oh WOW with fresh figs below! YUM!
Check out the little video clip below, to see how I make it in my kitchen–crazy easy!
Vegan Rustic Strawberry Galette
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup confectioner sugar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tbsp almond meal
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 10-12 medium strawberries rinsed and sliced
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- Preheat oven 400F
- Place all the dough ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until a soft ball forms (30 seconds). The dough will be sticky, that's OK--sprinkle it with a little flour (no more than 1 Tbsp flour), enough to gather it in your hands and make it into a ball.
- Place it on a piece of parchment paper and using a rolling pin, gently roll into a circle about 7 inch in diameter--it doesn't have to be perfect.
- Transfer onto baking sheet.
- Mix applesauce, almond meal and vanilla extract and stir well with a spoon until thoroughly mixed.
- Spread the custard evenly over the dough to within about 1/2 inch of the edge.
- Spread the sliced strawberries in one layer, no need to arrange them in any way, they will be naturally beautiful.
- Fold the edge of the dough up over the berries to create a little border (see little video clip below).
- Sprinkle the granulated sugar on top of the strawberries and folded edge.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until the strawberries are juicy and tender and the crust is golden.
…and here it is, when I take the time to display the strawberries beautifully….WOW!!!!