This Tabbouleh Salad is so quick and easy to prepare! You don’t even have to cook the bulgur wheat–Really, you don’t! All you need to do is throw everything into one bowl and let it sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours so the bulgur wheat can soak up and absorb all the wonderful “juices” and flavors! It’s a perfect summer salad that goes with just about everything. I just LOVE it!
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- Juice of 2 large lemons about 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 medium tomatoes diced
- 1 small red onion finely diced
- 2 cups fresh flat parsley rinsed and chopped
- 1 cup fresh mint rinsed and chopped
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Rinse the bulgur wheat thoroughly and drain (but leaving it a little "wet")
- Place it in a large bowl and add all the remaining ingredients.
- Stir well to combine, cover and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours (you can also leave it overnight).