This Spinach Bean Cheddar Panini uses a simple white bean dip as a spread which not only makes it moist but also adds good quality protein beside the cheese. I use a wholegrain bread that is high in fiber, low in salt, low in sugar, and has no partially hydrogenated oils (even has lentils, and you know how I feel about those!)– Here is one I like , and another one I recommend as well, but feel free to use whichever one you prefer, as long as it is 100% wholegrain. It’s so easy to make if you have a small panini maker ready to go on your kitchen counter and of course there is no need to limit yourself to this exact composition of ingredients. As long as they are wholesome, the options are limitless!
Spinach Bean & Cheddar Panini
- 2 Tbsp White bean dip*
- 2 pieces 100% wholegrain bread click on my recommendations above
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 slice sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat panini maker.
- Spread each slice of bread with 1 Tbsp white bean dip (recipe in tip above).
- Top the bottom slice of bread with the fresh baby spinach.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Place the other slice of bread on top.
- Put the sandwich in panini maker for 1-2 minutes (do not press or the melted cheese will ooze out!)