I personally love radicchio but it is true that it can taste a little bitter to some. I find that baking it this way makes it a little sweeter and is a lovely way to use it as a side dish. As always, I love a great excuse to add another veggie to my dining repertoire! it’s really low in calories and filled with vitamins. Remember to add the salt at the very end–you won’t need to use as much that way. Again, simple, you know the drill!
- 2 heads radicchio rinsed, dried and quartered
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- Preaheat the oven 375 and place a baking sheet inside so it heats up as well.
- Toss the cut-up radicchio in a bowl with the olive oil (some of the leaves may come apart and that's OK, just don't handle it too much!)
- When the oven and baking sheet are ready (375), transfer the radicchio directly onto the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, turning once during baking.
- Sprinkle with the salt and serve.