These little muffins are filled with goodness! They are naturally sweetened with pumpkin, banana, dates and 1 tablespoon of organic honey–no need for added sugar! I use white wholewheat flour for the added fiber, of course, and make these without any eggs or dairy, so for those of you who are pure vegans and do not use honey then you can omit it (there is so little of it, it will still be plenty sweet–I just love that little bit of added yumminess and I am OK with bees making honey!). Pumpkin Banana Date Muffins are so flavorful and moist and make for a perfect after school snack this fall season!
Pumpkin Banana Date Muffins (Vegan)
- 1 15 oz canned organic pumpkin (100% pure)
- 2 ripe bananas small, mashed with a fork
- 6 medjool dates pitted, chopped + 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp organic honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic expeller pressed canola oil
- 2 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven 350 F
- Place the chopped dates in a small container with 2 Tbsp of water in microwave for 30 seconds to soften them.
- Place the warm dates (with the water), canned pumpkin, mashed bananas, honey, canola oil and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat well.
- Add flour, cinnamon and baking powder and beat again to blend well (the batter will be thick, and that's OK!).
- Pour batter in a muffin pan lined with baking paper cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean.