Such a tasty salad that is easy, quick, and very filling! Note that there is no need to add salt to this salad because the canned beans and corn, although well rinsed, will still have residual sodium in them, and the sprinkle of feta cheese will salt it just enough! If you have the extra time, I recommend using my Simply Grilled Corn recipe! It gives the kernels that wonderful fire-roasted taste that adds so much to this salad. I like to serve this salad over mixed greens or stuff it inside a whole wheat pita for a great lunch!
Black Bean Tomato Corn Salad with Feta
- 1 medium fresh tomato rinsed and chopped
- 1 15oz can black beans, well rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can corn kernels, well rinsed and drained*
- 1 Tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- pinch of cumin powder
- 2 tsp feta cheese optional
- Black pepper
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and stir gently to blend.
- Serve over mixed greens.