The combination of ripe banana and medjool dates achieves–dare I say–a certain “butter-iness” in this Vegan Banana Date Bread. This is my new welcome home banana bread for my Natalia who has become vegan but I have to say, it may just become THE welcome home banana bread for the rest of the family too! It is SO YUMMY! I think you can tell from the photo how moist and rich it is! It’s perfectly sweet too and the beauty of it is that it has no added sugar-NONE! The sweetness comes solely from the fruit!
I make it for you in my own kitchen–it’s so quick and easy!! Watch here!
Banana Date Bread (Vegan)
- 4 medium bananas ripe, mashed with a fork
- 5 medjool dates pitted chopped + 2 Tbsp water
- 1/2 cup organic expeller pressed canola oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Place the chopped dates in a small container with 2 Tbsp of water in microwave for 30 seconds to soften them.
- Place the warm dates (with the water), mashed bananas, canola oil and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat well.
- Add flour and baking powder and beat again to blend well (the batter will be thick, and that's OK!).
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan, using a spatula to gently spread the batter evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in pan for at least 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
Click here for a fantastic article about everything you wanted to know about bananas, from their history and interesting facts to their health benefits!