I love to have this banana bread in the oven when my kiddies come home for the holidays! Aaaaaaah…… it fills the house with that wonderful aroma that just warms your heart and says welcome home!
It is the quintessential banana bread filled with the natural sweetness of ripe bananas so it is relatively low in added sugar. I also use whole wheat pastry flour for the added fiber and canola oil as my source of healthy fat. I feel doubly good knowing I get to nourish my sweeties while “spoiling” them! Scroll down to see my new #CookwithCuisinicity feature and join me in my kitchen!
- 3 ripe medium bananas mashed with a fork
- ½ cup organic cold- or expeller-pressed canola oil
- ½ cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs (organic cage-free)
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Cream together canola oil, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla with an electric mixer, scraping sides with a rubber spatula as you go.
- Add mashed bananas and stir until well blended (do not overbeat).
- Add flour and baking powder and stir again to blend well with a spatula so the batter stays “airy”.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in pan for at least 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.