This luscious vegan banana walnut bread was one of my first attempts to bake without eggs and the result is absolutely wonderful! It’s slightly more dense and chewy than my regular Banana Bread and the walnuts add a nice richness to the batter. YUM!
Vegan Banana Walnut Muffins
This luscious vegan banana walnut bread was one of my first attempts to bake without eggs and the result is absolutely wonderful! It’s slightly denser and chewier than my regular Banana Bread and the walnuts add a nice richness to the batter. YUM
Servings 1 loaf
- 4 ripe bananas mashed with a fork
- 1/3 cup ground walnuts
- 1/2 cup organic expeller pressed canola oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Cream together canola oil, brown sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer, scraping sides with a rubber spatula as you go.
- Add mashed bananas & ground walnuts and stir until well blended (do not overbeat).
- Add flour and baking powder and stir again to blend well with a spatula so the batter stays “airy”.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in pan for at least 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
Serving: 57g | Calories: 210kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 125mg | Iron: 1mg
John Breeden says
Had to improvise this morning and ground up some almonds instead of using walnuts. The vegan recipe is great though and the kids loved it. Thanks Catherine!
Looks like a winner !!! Thanks Jessica !!
The bread was fabulous! I made it yesterday!