This is a fresh fruit panini that is just delightful for breakfast or lunch! It’s just made with fresh sliced strawberries and banana, Greek yogurt, a little honey and a dash of cinnamon. But watch out! It’s all in the ingredients you choose: I use wholegrain bread that is high in fiber, low in salt, low in sugar, and has no partially hydrogenated oils (even has lentils, and you know how I feel about those!)– Here is one I like , and another one I recommend as well, but feel free to use whichever one you prefer, as long as it is 100% wholegrain–fat free Greek plain yogurt and a little drizzle of natural honey (it doesn’t need more than that!). It’s so easy to make if you have a small panini maker ready to go, and so YUMMY!
Strawberry Banana Panini
- 2 slices wholegrain bread*
- 2 Tbsp fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 4 strawberries rinsed and sliced
- 1/2 banana sliced
- Drizzle of honey no more than 2 tsp
- sprinkle of cinnamon to your liking
- Preheat panini maker.
- Spread each slice of bread with 1 Tbsp greek yogurt.
- Place the sliced strawberries and banana on the bottom slice.
- Drizzle fruit with a little honey and a dash of cinnamon
- Place the slice of bread without the fruit face down, on top.
- Put the sandwich in panini maker for 1-2 minutes (do not press)