Who doesn’t love Bruschetta on a soft summer evening? To me, it conjures up the end of a leisurely day at the beach in Southern France where I grew up! It’s usually served over little toasted baguette slices as an appetizer. Here, basically all I do is add canned tuna, and serve it over mixed greens. It’s superb, it’s festive and it’s no fuss! Whats not to love!
Bruschetta Tuna Salad
- 3 Medium Tomatoes diced
- 1 can Canellini Beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can Tuna Fish in water (sustainably caught)
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 3 Scallions chopped
- 1/3 cup Parsley chopped
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil extra virgin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Rinse and dry the tomatoes and dice in small cubes. Place in medium bowl.
- Rinse and dry the cannelini beans and add to the diced tomatoes.
- Drain the tuna and add to the bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss gently.
- Serve over mixed greens as a large salad or spoon over baguette small slices, briefly toasted in oven, as an appetizer. (see photo below)