So simple and easy, so full of flavor and so beautiful on the dinner table! It’s a “throw”-everything-in-a-pan-and-just-bake-right-before-your-guests-arrive kind of dish! The white wine, fresh tomatoes, cilantro and turmeric all blend in perfectly with the halibut. I created this recipe a long time ago and now I prefer to make this dish with either Arctic char or Alaskan wild salmon, rather than the halibut because they are more sustainable, and are just as delicious with this preparation. The slices of lemon give it the final touch. The result is just delectable!
I made it in my kitchen so you can see how quickly you can make it! Watch here!
Baked Halibut in Wine Tomato Broth
- 6 pieces Halibut filets about 2 1/2 lbs
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes rinsed and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 medium ripe red tomato sliced
- 1 medium ripe yellow tomato sliced
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro or basil chopped
- 1 lemon sliced in half moons
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Rinse and pat dry the halibut and place in a single layer in a baking pan.
- Sprinkle the halibut with the turmeric and salt.
- Place all the tomatoes around the fish and pour the wine over the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro or basil and top the halibut with the lemon slices.
- Drizzle the olive oil over all the fish filets (you can cover and refrigerate at this point, until ready to bake).
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.