These are crisp and delicious without all the frying!
Baked French Fries
Author: Catherine Katz
- 3 large russet potatoes, unpeeled, rinsed well
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- Cut the potatoes length-wise into sticks uniform in size as best you can.
- Place the cut up potato sticks in a bowl with cold water for a few minutes and rinse out well.
- Drain and dry with a clean hand-towel to take out extra moisture (this is very important!)
- Place the potato sticks in a large bowl with the canola oil and salt and mix well so they are well coated.
- Arrange the potato sticks in a single layer on a rack on top of a baking sheet and place in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately