These are delicious cookies with considerably less added sugar than traditional cookies. They are plenty sweet because they are filled with wholesome ingredients that are naturally sweet such as banana, almonds and oats! They are rich in fiber but completely gluten-free, you just have to make sure to use rolled oats that are certified gluten-free (not all oats are).
Oatmeal Almond Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup organic expeller pressed canola oil
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large organic cage-free eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 small ripe banana mashed with fork
- 2 cups dry roasted almonds no salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups bittersweet chocolate 60% cocoa
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Place whole roasted almonds in a food processor and grind finely--put aside.
- Cream together canola oil, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla with an electric mixer.
- Add mashed banana, rolled oats and ground almonds and beat again until well blended.
- Add chocolate chips and beat again briefly.
- Drop by big rounded tablespoon on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.