This is a throw-everything-in-the-pot kind of dish that you make 15 minutes before you sit down to dinner! It is filled with spinach and whatever other greens you would like (I love baby arugula in particular) and the beans blend in perfectly with the white wine to create an almost creamy sauce (just take a look at the photo, amazing, right?!). I like to serve it over wholegrain pasta (here is a brand I like very much)–Absolutely DELICIOUS!
Mixed Greens Pasta
- 4 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp + 2 Tbsp
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes rinsed and halved lengthwise
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 cups fresh baby arugula or any fresh greens you like
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 large can 1 lb13 oz cannelini beans, rinsed & drained
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- wholegrain linguini pasta 12 oz
- Heat 2 Tbsp of the oil in a large cast iron dutch oven (I like Le Creuset but any heavy bottom deep pan will do) over high heat, add the garlic and halved cherry tomatoes and sauté for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally to crush some of the tomatoes.
- Add the drained beans and wine and continue to cook while stirring for a few minutes to mash the beans a little bit with the white wine.
- Add the spinach and arugula, in batches (don't worry it will seem like it will never fit, but it cooks down quickly!!), so keep adding it until it's all in there, and let it cook down, covered, for an additional 5-6 minutes.
- Add salt and fresh ground pepper and gently stir one last time.
- Serve over wholegrain pasta (use package cooking instructions) and, right before serving, drizzle with remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil.