Such a simple and elegant appetizer. I like to cut it into thin wedges with a cutting wheel and serve it as finger food-no need for forks here! It’s all about pumpkin, just sprinkled with goat cheese and pignoli (pine nuts) on top of a rustic savory galette. The crust, made with white wine, white whole wheat flour (here is one I like and don’t forget the rule about measuring flour) and olive oil is so quick and easy to make, you can whip it up in less than 5 minutes-really The dough is so quick and easy to make (watch me make it in my kitchen here)!! All you need is the time to roll it out, spread the pumpkin, sprinkle on the cheese and pine nuts and bake it!
Pumpkin Goat Cheese & Pine Nuts Galette
- Galette dough:
- 3/4 cup + 1 Tbsp white whole wheat flour*
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup canned organic pumpkin 100%, no added sugar or salt
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place the flour, olive oil, white wine and salt in the bowl of a food processor and process until a ball forms (30 seconds). Don't worry if it's not a perfect ball-you can just gather it in your hands and make it into a ball!).
- Take out the dough ball; It will be very soft--that's OK--place a little flour in your hands to handle it gently and place it on a lightly floured surface.
- Using a rolling pin, gently roll into a circle about 9 inch in diameter--it doesn't have to be perfect.
- Transfer onto a lightly floured baking sheet.
- Spread the pumpkin evenly over the dough to within 1/2 inch of the edge.
- Sprinkle with goat cheese and pine nuts.
- Fold the edge of the dough up over the pumpkin/goat cheese/pine nuts to create a 1-inch border.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.