This is such a lovely little dessert that just brings me back to Provence! It is very quick and simple—just make sure your figs are perfectly fresh and ripe, otherwise the skin can taste a little bitter when baked. My guests always rave about it!!
Fresh Fig Custard
- 12 fresh California fresh figs very well rinsed
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- Place a baking dish halfway filled with water in a preheated oven to 350 F.
- Remove the stem of 10 figs, place them in a food processor with the yogurt and sweetened condensed milk and pulse until creamy.
- Pour the creamy mixture into 9 little baking cups and place the cups in the preheated baking pan filled with water.
- Bake for 15 minutes and cool.
- Place in the fridge for at least one hour (longer is better) before serving and decorate with the remaining 2 figs cut lengthwise.