These little corn mufﬁns are ﬁlled with fresh blueberries and fresh lemon (or orange-you choose!) and are just perfect on a leisurely Sunday morning with a hot cup of coffee! I use 100% stone ground cornmeal (Bobʼs Red mill’s has over twice the ﬁber than regular yellow enriched cornmeal) and whole wheat pastry flour instead of plain white flour for added fiber. Can you believe I use only 1/3 cup sugar for 12 muffins?
Blueberry Corn Muffins
- 1 cup 100% stone ground cornmeal I prefer ﬁne grind-but medium is also OK
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry ﬂour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Juice of 1 medium orange or 2 lemons about 1/2 cup
- 1 cup plain almond or cashew yogurt
- 4 Tbsp melted regular vegan butter
- 1 large cage-free egg
- 1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries rinsed
- 1 Tbsp orange or lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place the pastry ﬂour, cornmeal, sugar and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Make a well in the center and add remaining ingredients, except for blueberries.
- Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Gently stir in the blueberries.
- Pour batter into silicone cupcake cases 1/3 cup at a time.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
I like to use silicone cupcake liners in regular size (click here). They are perfect for these muffins because they un-mold so easily.