I love to make this cake during the apple-picking season when my kids (and especially my husband) go crazy and I end up with a ”ton” of apples from every variety! No matter which ones I mix together, macouns, golden delicious, gala, McIntosh, you name it…it doesn’t seem to matter, it always comes out just right—rich and moist and just delicious! Oh, and one more thing I love about this cake: The sweet apple cinnamon scent that fills my kitchen when it’s baking in the oven– it just warms my heart!
Here is a cooking class video of my Harvest Apple Cake.
- 5 cups peeled diced apples (about 5 medium apples of any combination of variety)
- 1¼ cup organic expeller pressed canola oil
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 3 cage-free large eggs
- 3 cups whole wheat Pastry flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease (I use a little smart balance) and flour a bundt cake pan.
- Rinse core, peel and dice the apples coarsely into a bowl and set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat the oil, sugar and eggs together until creamy.
- Add the whole wheat pastry flour and cinnamon into the egg mixture and mix again.
- Mix in the sliced apples until well blended.
- Pour the batter (it is quite thick, that’s OK!) into the pan and bake for 45-50 minutes until golden.