This exotic salad is always a hit! GORGEOUS vegan dish on a buffet table! It is delicious, bursting with color and very festive. The sweetness of the bell peppers, fresh lime and dried fruit blend beautifully together. This salad is best when refrigerated overnight so you can make it in advance, which is just perfect for a party dish! Who wants to fuss as you are getting ready for that fancy party!
Confetti Orzo Pasta Salad
- 1 12- oz package orzo pasta
- 1 cup dried currants
- 1/3 cup dried apricots cut in small pieces
- 1 tsp curry
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 orange bell pepper seeded and diced
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp capers
- Juice of 2 limes
- Fresh ground pepper and fresh chopped cilantro to taste
- Prepare Orzo pasta according to package directions. Cook “al Dente” (i.e do not overcook!). Drain and run under cold water and drain again and set aside.
- Place cooked orzo in a large serving bowl. Add currants, apricots, salt and the 3 spices and drizzle with 2 Tbsp olive oil. Toss.
- Add the 3 diced bell peppers and capers. Toss with the lime juice and vinegar and add remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil, if desired.
- Add in fresh chopped cilantro and pepper.