Another easy recipe that looks like you labored over it! Needless to say the nutrition is impeccable!
Walnut Basil Pesto Halibut
Another easy recipe that looks like you labored over it! Needless to say, the nutrition is impeccable!
- 2 slices halibut little less than 1 lb
- 1/2 cup shelled walnuts
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves rinsed, loosely packed
- Pinch of coarse sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven 375
- Salt and pepper the halibut.
- Place the walnuts and Basil in a food processor with metal blade and pulse for just a few seconds (you still want some chopped walnuts left, not a paste)
- Place the halibut skin-side down on a rack on top of a baking sheet in preheated oven and cover with the walnut basil mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- When ready to serve, use a spatula to lift the halibut off the rack (the skin will peel off and stay behind on the rack--perfect!)
Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 31g | Sodium: 1030mg | Potassium: 363mg
Diane Brewster says
HI Catherine – First off, thank you so much for the time and love you have investing in sharing these amazing recipes with all of us. I had been eating well for years, but then let that drop off and am suffering the consequences. Your recipes will help so much with getting back on track.
Now to my question – in instruction #4, do you mean that the halibut should be placed on a rack – like a cookie cooling rack – that is then placed on a cookie sheet? I just want to make sure I do this right!
Catherine Katz says
Hi Diane! Welcome to the Cuisinicity table! Thank you for your kind words! Yes, this is exactly what I mean!You are doing it perfectly! 🙂