Another easy recipe that looks like you labored over it! Needless to say the nutrition is impeccable!
Walnut Basil Pesto Halibut
Another easy recipe that looks like you labored over it! Needless to say, the nutrition is impeccable!
- 2 slices halibut little less than 1 lb
- 1/2 cup shelled walnuts
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves rinsed, loosely packed
- Pinch of coarse sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven 375
- Salt and pepper the halibut.
- Place the walnuts and Basil in a food processor with metal blade and pulse for just a few seconds (you still want some chopped walnuts left, not a paste)
- Place the halibut skin-side down on a rack on top of a baking sheet in preheated oven and cover with the walnut basil mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- When ready to serve, use a spatula to lift the halibut off the rack (the skin will peel off and stay behind on the rack--perfect!)
Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 31g | Sodium: 1030mg | Potassium: 363mg