This is a great salad for a summer party-a complete meal in a bowl! It has tons of veggies and the tuna and feta blend deliciously with the whole wheat spiral pasta.
Veggie Tuna Pasta Salad
- 1 package 12 oz whole wheat spiral pasta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes rinsed and halved
- 1 cup of cauliflower florets rinsed
- 1 cup petite peas frozen
- 1 green pepper rinsed and chopped
- 2 cups loose leaf fresh spinach, rinsed, and chopped
- 1 jar of marinated artichokes drained, and sliced (make sure no added sugar)
- 12 oz can of solid white tuna in water drained
- 1 cup low fat crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Tbsp freshly grated asiago or parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric optional
- Fresh basil to taste
- Cook the pasta in boiling water with turmeric (I like to use it to give a beautiful color to the pasta but itʼ s not necessary) according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse under cold water and drain again. Set aside to cool down.
- Place all the cut-up vegetables in a big salad bowl, add the cooled pasta, artichokes, feta cheese, grated asiago cheese, olive oil, vinegar and salt and gently mix.
- You can refrigerate it covered at this point and serve cold or at room temperature, with fresh basil, to taste.
How many does this recipe serve please?
Looo,s fabulously tasty!
Pearl Socorro says
Amazing article, thank you so much
YUM – dinner tonight!!
Looks so healthy and delicious.
Thank you for tuna recipes!
Hmmmmm, do the peas simply thaw out in the salad?
Catherine Katz says
Yes, exactly Dawn! They do so very quickly!