This is a great salad for a summer party-a complete meal in a bowl! It has tons of veggies and the tuna and feta blend deliciously with the whole wheat spiral pasta.
Veggie Tuna Pasta Salad
- 1 package 12 oz whole wheat spiral pasta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes rinsed and halved
- 1 cup of cauliflower florets rinsed
- 1 cup petite peas frozen
- 1 green pepper rinsed and chopped
- 2 cups loose leaf fresh spinach, rinsed, and chopped
- 1 jar of marinated artichokes drained, and sliced (make sure no added sugar)
- 12 oz can of solid white tuna in water drained
- 1 cup low fat crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Tbsp freshly grated asiago or parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric optional
- Fresh basil to taste
- Cook the pasta in boiling water with turmeric (I like to use it to give a beautiful color to the pasta but itʼ s not necessary) according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse under cold water and drain again. Set aside to cool down.
- Place all the cut-up vegetables in a big salad bowl, add the cooled pasta, artichokes, feta cheese, grated asiago cheese, olive oil, vinegar and salt and gently mix.
- You can refrigerate it covered at this point and serve cold or at room temperature, with fresh basil, to taste.