These wonderfully moist muffins are very easy to make because they are a “throw-everything in one bowl operation”! I use whole wheat pastry flour which is milled from soft wheat rather than the hard red wheat in regular whole wheat flour (here is one I like) which is perfect for these muffins because it is light and airy yet still rich in fiber. They are also low in sugar and you’ll see how I did it in my cuisinicity tip!
Soft Wheat Banana Muffins
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 1 egg organic, cage-free
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp fat free powdered milk
- 3 Tbsp finely ground almonds *
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 ½ cup soft wheat pastry flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk plain
- * you can use almond meal if you prefer
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Place bananas, egg, brown sugar, powdered milk, ground almonds and oil in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until well blended.
- Add the flour and baking powder to the batter and start the mixer on low speed, adding in the almond milk slowly until well blended.
- Place 12 foil-baking cups on a cookie sheet (you can also use a muffin baking pan lined with paper liners) and spoon the batter in each so that each is 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden !!