Sweet potatoes are so delicious prepared this way because they release their own moisture inside the aluminum foil and create their sweet condensed juice so that when you unwrap them, they are glistening and moist. It’s beyond simple, you just have to be a little patient because this takes 45 minutes to an hour but it is so worth the wait!
- 2 sweet potatoes, rinsed and scrubbed
- Preheat the oven 375.
- Towel dry the sweet potatoes well so that they do not have any extra moisture after you have rinsed them.
- Poke them with a fork to make little holes all over (that's how their juices will get released, so this is important to do it all over!)
- Wrap each individually inside a big piece of heavy duty aluminum foil, making sure to have each well sealed so they won't leak inside the oven (I hate when that happens!!).
- Place in on a baking sheet in preheated oven for 45 minutes to an hour depending on their size.
- Check to make sure that they are plenty soft before taking out of the oven.
- Leave the sweet potatoes wrapped inside the aluminum foil until you are ready to serve them (the longer they sit that way, the more they will release their juices--which is great when you are trying to get everything on the table at Thanksgiving because they stay nice and hot that way too!)
- When ready to serve, unwrap the aluminum foil, and place on a platter. Slice and serve.