I love grilling fresh corn! It gives the kernels that wonderful fire-roasted taste that adds so much to this salad. The fresh mint and lemon are so refreshingly delicious and just unusual enough, combined with corn, that my guests invariably come back for more! I like to serve it in individual little “tapas” bowls, each topped with a slice of lemon and a sprig of fresh mint. It makes this beautiful salad that much more special and festive!
Grilled Corn Salad with Fresh Mint
- For grilling the corn:
- 8 fresh ears of corn husked
- 2 Tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red onion finely diced (optional)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup fresh mint coarsely chopped
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- For presentation optional
- 1 lemon sliced in half moons
- sprigs of fresh mint
- Place a grill pan on the stove on high heat.
- Place the ears of corn on the hot grill pan and grill them for 8-10 minutes, turning each over every couple minutes so they are a little browned (see photo below).
- Drizzle with 2 tsp olive oil and continue to cook until tender.
- Let cool.
- When the corn is cool, using a sharp knife, cut the kernels (see photo below) right onto a plate.
- Transfer the corn kernels to a bowl and set aside.
- Place all the dressing ingredients into a little bowl and stir well.
- Pour the dressing over the corn kernels and toss gently to combine.
- Place in individual little bowls and top with a slice of lemon and a fresh sprig of mint.