This vegetarian salad reminds me of the makings of a typical creamy chicken salad, with grapes and celery and walnuts…except without the chicken or the mayo!! Instead, I use chickpeas and my simply spinach dip with a little curry as its creamy dressing. The result is deliciously filled with nutrients and is very satisfying! Try this yummy Curry Spinach Chickpea Salad the next time you have a desire for the chicken salad with fruit. It’s a scrumptious and healthy alternative!
Curry Spinach Chickpea Salad
- 1 cup fat free organic plain Greek yogurt
- 3 cups organic loose leaf raw baby spinach pre-washed
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp mild curry powder
- 1/2 tsp dried minced onion
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1 15 oz can organic chickpeas (unsalted)
- 1 cup red grapes cut in halves
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 stalks fresh celery chopped
- Place the raw spinach in a food processor and grind very briefly (you do NOT want it to get like a paste or pesto, it should still be "dry")
- Mix ground-up spinach with the Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, spices and salt.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir gently to combine.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.