If mixing extra virgin olive oil with fresh orange juice and grilling over a hot BBQ qualifies as a recipe then….this Orange Grilled Cauliflower Steak is a winner, but really, I am almost embarrassed to call it a recipe! The cauliflower just speaks for itself! Absolutely delicious and filled with summertime flavor.
Orange Grilled Cauliflower Steak
- 1 large cauliflower rinsed
- Juice of 1 medium orange
- 2 Tbsp Extra virgin Olive Oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Place the cauliflower "standing up" and slice into 1/2 inch "slabs".
- Stir all the remaining ingredients in a cup and pour over sliced cauliflower (see video clip).
- Prepare your gas grill for direct cooking over high heat (450-550 F).
- Place the coated cauliflower steaks on top of the grill and close the lid. Set the timer to 5 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, turn the cauliflower over using a long-handled grill metal spatula and close the lid again. Set the timer for an additional 5 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, remove from the grill and serve.