If mixing extra virgin olive oil with fresh orange juice and grilling over a hot BBQ qualifies as a recipe then….this Orange Grilled Cauliflower Steak is a winner, but really, I am almost embarrassed to call it a recipe! The cauliflower just speaks for itself! Absolutely delicious and filled with summertime flavor.
Orange Grilled Cauliflower Steak
If mixing extra virgin olive oil with fresh orange juice and grilling over a hot BBQ qualifies as a recipe then….this Orange Grilled Cauliflower Steak is a winner. The cauliflower just speaks for itself!
- 1 large cauliflower rinsed
- Juice of 1 medium orange
- 2 Tbsp Extra virgin Olive Oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Place the cauliflower "standing up" and slice into 1/2 inch "slabs".
- Stir all the remaining ingredients in a cup and pour over sliced cauliflower (see video clip).
- Prepare your gas grill for direct cooking over high heat (450-550 F).
- Place the coated cauliflower steaks on top of the grill and close the lid. Set the timer to 5 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, turn the cauliflower over using a long-handled grill metal spatula and close the lid again. Set the timer for an additional 5 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, remove from the grill and serve.
Serving: 155g | Calories: 165kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 250mg | Potassium: 241mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg
Lisa Vermillion says
Prepared this cauliflower recipe a few nights ago. It’s a keeper!
Catherine Katz says
Yay Lisa!! Thank you! 🙂
Joe Klapatch says
We’ve cooked a bunch of your recipes and they are all delicious. Thanks. We want to try this one but I’m not quite sure which way we should cut the cauliflower. By standing up do you mean cut parallel or perpendicular to the stem?
Catherine Katz says
Hi Joe, so sorry it took me so long to get back to you as I was away in Australia! I prefer to cut it sagittally, horizontal to the stem! Thank you so much for your kind words! 🙂