This is a simply delicious little panini! It’s just made with Simply Cinnamon Apples, Greek yogurt and a little honey. But watch out! It’s all in the ingredients you choose: I use wholegrain bread (here is another one I like too) that is high in fiber, low in salt, low in sugar, and has no partially hydrogenated oils (even has lentils, and you know how I feel about those!), naturally sweet cooked apples (no added sugar, they don’t need it!), fat free Greek plain yogurt and a little drizzle of natural honey (it doesn’t need more then that!). For a little added protein, fiber and healthy fat I like to add 2 tsp ground walnuts or almonds (I love an excuse to add nuts!). It’s a cinch to make if you have a small panini maker ready to go, and oh my goodness is it YU-MMY!
Apple Honey Panini
- 2 slices wholegrain bread*
- 2 Tbsp fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 6 slices Simply Cinnamon Apples
- Drizzle of honey no more than 2 tsp
- 2 tsp ground walnuts or almonds optional
- Preheat panini maker.
- Spread each slice of bread with 1 Tbsp greek yogurt.
- Place the sliced apples on the bottom slice and drizzle the top slice of bread with a little honey (see photo).
- Place the slice of bread with the yogurt/honey face down.
- Put the sandwich in panini maker for 1-2 minutes (do not press)
I made it exactly as written. It was another big hit for lunch for my kids and myself! It was like biting into an Apple pie… for lunch! Yummy. My kids told me they like eating healthy food! Score!
Catherine Katz says
YAY Rebekah HUGE score!! that’s wonderful!