This is a simply delicious little panini! It’s just made with Simply Cinnamon Apples, Greek yogurt and a little honey. But watch out! It’s all in the ingredients you choose: I use wholegrain bread (here is another one I like too) that is high in fiber, low in salt, low in sugar, and has no partially hydrogenated oils (even has lentils, and you know how I feel about those!), naturally sweet cooked apples (no added sugar, they don’t need it!), fat free Greek plain yogurt and a little drizzle of natural honey (it doesn’t need more then that!). For a little added protein, fiber and healthy fat I like to add 2 tsp ground walnuts or almonds (I love an excuse to add nuts!). It’s a cinch to make if you have a small panini maker ready to go, and oh my goodness is it YU-MMY!
Apple Honey Panini
- 2 slices wholegrain bread*
- 2 Tbsp fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 6 slices Simply Cinnamon Apples
- Drizzle of honey no more than 2 tsp
- 2 tsp ground walnuts or almonds optional
- Preheat panini maker.
- Spread each slice of bread with 1 Tbsp greek yogurt.
- Place the sliced apples on the bottom slice and drizzle the top slice of bread with a little honey (see photo).
- Place the slice of bread with the yogurt/honey face down.
- Put the sandwich in panini maker for 1-2 minutes (do not press)