Another easy recipe that looks like you labored over it! Needless to say the nutrition is impeccable!
Walnut Basil Pesto Halibut
Author: Catherine Katz
- 2 slices halibut (little less than 1 lb)
- ½ cup shelled walnuts
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, rinsed, loosely packed
- Pinch of coarse sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven 375
- Salt and pepper the halibut.
- Place the walnuts and Basil in a food processor with metal blade and pulse for just a few seconds (you still want some chopped walnuts left, not a paste)
- Place the halibut skin-side down on a rack on top of a baking sheet in preheated oven and cover with the walnut basil mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- When ready to serve, use a spatula to lift the halibut off the rack (the skin will peel off and stay behind on the rack--perfect!)