These pumpkin honey ricotta muffins have a ricotta honey topping which blends perfectly with the rich pumpkin flavor. They are so beautiful too!
Pumpkin Honey Ricotta Muffins
Author: Catherine Katz
Serves: 16 muffins
- 1 cup organic expeller pressed canola oil
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 large cage-free eggs
- 1 15 oz canned pumpkin (100% pure)
- 2 ¾ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ cup lowfat ricotta
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp pure honey
- ½ tsp pure vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon together in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat eggs, oil, sugar and honey together in a bowl of an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add the canned pumpkin to the mixing bowl and mix again until well blended.
- Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and stir well (do not overbeat!).
- Pour batter in a muffin pan lined with baking paper cups.
- Place the ricotta, egg yolk, honey and vanilla in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the ricotta mixture over each muffin in equal amounts with a spoon.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean.