Moist, full of flavor and such a satisfying and nutritious snack for the kids to bring to a fall party!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Cuisinicity Tip: You can also bake the batter in a Bundt pan (greased and floured) for 35-40 min, until toothpick in the center comes out clean.
Author: Catherine Katz
Serves: 20 muffins
- 1 cup organic expeller pressed canola oil
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 large cage-free eggs
- 1 15 oz canned pumpkin (100% pure)
- 2 ¾ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup bittersweet chocolate chips (60% cocoa)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon together in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat eggs, oil, sugar and honey together in a bowl of an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add the canned pumpkin to the mixing bowl and mix again until well blended.
- Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and stir well (do not overbeat!).
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter in a muffin pan lined with baking paper cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean.