Poppy Seed Crusted Salmon
- 4 skinned salmon filets* (about 1 ½ lbs-wild Alaskan preferably)
- 2 egg whites
- 12 TLC Kashi® TLC 7-grain crackers
- 2 Tbsp poppy seeds
- ¼ tsp salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Rinse and dry the salmon filets and set aside.
- Whisk egg whites with a fork in a wide shallow dish and set aside.
- Place the Kashi crackers in a coffee grinder or mini food processor and grind finely.
- Combine the finely ground Kashi® crackers, poppy seeds, salt and pepper on flat plate and set aside.
- Dip salmon filets, one at a time, first in the egg whites then in the poppy crumbs, making sure to coat both sides well. Repeat with all the filets
- Heat olive oil in a large non stick pan that can hold all 4 filets and sear the filets over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side to brown.