Luscious, dark and creamy to perfection! All that with all of 3 ingredients – no need for added sugar, and of course no cream! I serve these individually in little expresso cups for a holiday party and they are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! The only issue is keeping them cold for the evening so I leave it to you to work that out but definitely worth it– a classic dessert!
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate (60% cocoa)
- 1 Tbsp skim milk
- 3 organic cage-free eggs (separated)
- Break chocolate into big pieces in a microwavable bowl and add skim milk.
- Place in microwave oven on high for 30 seconds (not a second more or it can “burn”).
- Stir well so that the melted chocolate is smooth. Let cool for a couple minutes.
- Place the egg yolks, one at a time, into the melted chocolate stirring thoroughly between each. Place the egg whites in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until white peaks form.
- Gently fold into the chocolate/egg yolk mixture.
- Place the chocolate mousse in individual little cups and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.